Thursday, November 4, 2010

By God’s Amazing Grace . . .


At the time I was in my second year college at Mindanao State University, Marawi city, I was invited to attend a “Berean Youth Camp” in Iligan City. It was an hour drive from MSU campus if one has to take the university school bus and 45 minutes by car. At that time, I have no idea what a youth camp was all about. My mind was on adventure and plain pleasure trip.


One of our big sis who was then attending a campus “Christian Community Fellowship” was the one who invited me and sponsored me on that “Berean Youth Camp”. In short, I was there for five days along with other students from different colleges and universities. It was a lot of fun and so much learning of truths were imparted by the speakers to all attendees. 

Within the five days I was in the camp, many things happened, that I considered a miracle. On the third day was the turning point of  my life. It was during that time that I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. After that scene, my life was never the same again. I went through a lot in life since the time I decided to serve God in any way I can.


 There was a rebirth in me. At first, I had a hard time changing my lifestyle. I started reading the bible on and on and on. I went through crash course in Theology and several other workshops and training. I attended conventions and conferences which led me to becoming a member of a seminar team to tribal communities and at the same time a member of the teaching staff during national conventions.


 And I realized that the more I desired to be used by God, the more I was apt to temptations. And the more I pursued on getting to know the Lord and be closer to Him, the more the devil just wanted to get me out of God’s fold. It was like being squashed down empted on both sides. Apostle Paul was on the same situation . . . but instead of being carried away, he pressed on. In Philippians 3:14, Apostle Paul said, “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Apostle Paul’s faith was surmounting.


             I failed to do it the way Apostle Paul did. I was too weak to resist. It was like I was struck with a spring fever, being pounded into a humdrum. There should be a way out! But how? At that time, I was seeking a shelter to cover myself from the mundane exposure. I wish to call it off. I was all fouled up. At the back of my mind, I was more than willing enough to make an attempt, but things got piled up again and again. I almost quit and was at the brink of ending up everything. 


 And again, I considered it a miracle because any attempt of ending up was never completed. Later did I realize that it was God’s amazing GRACE that lets me survived the wile. Until this very hour of my life, God’s GRACE carries me up to the pedestal where God’s favor is amazingly abounding!

It was by Grace that God saved me and also by Grace that until now, I am able to stand still. As Karl Barth stressed out Grace must find expression in life, otherwise it is not grace.” And it is true that “The will of God will never take you to where the grace of God will not protect you”.

 By God’s Amazing Grace . . . everything in my life was made possible, is possible,  and will be possible. I wish to share the following verses:

Romans 8:28,And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”

2 Timothy 1:9, “Who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.”

"...by grace are ye saved through faith; and that
not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. "

-Ephesians 2:8






1 comment: