Saturday, December 11, 2010

Suddenly . . . God Showed me His Favor!

I arrived home yesterday at passed 6 p. m.. We had our whole day’s activity at STI College where  all the clubs had been united for a cause. We had our “Pamaskong Handog” for the 80 kids from the Habitat Community Elementary School. Most of these kids were coming from the relocated families from different sectors. These kids were from Grades 1, 2, & 3. They had with them their two teachers.

I was pretty tired when I arrived home that night. It was an added stress from the previous days' preparations that made my leg muscles in pain. And of course the deadlines of reports and preparation for the upcoming prelim examination this week. As soon as I got home, I immediately attended to my son who was watching the television then. I had to heat the foods which I prepared that morning for our supper. When the foods were heated, I set the table and we both eat. My daughter wasn’t home yet because she had a practice with the music team at the church, but after an hour, she arrived.

At around 8:00 in the evening, my son, AJ told me he was already sleepy. So, I guided him to bed and have him covered with a comforter. It was not until around 10:20 p.m. that he suddenly said, “Mom please put off the aircon because it’s so cold”. And I put it off. He lay down again . . . and suddenly, he told me his stomach was aching. I got a vicks vaporub and rub his stomach with the balm, thinking that it was just a gas pain. I silently prayed for him.

And suddenly . . . he faced me and he was something like gargling and vomited just right on me everything he had eaten earlier. It continued, more, and more and more! I was praying in the spirit! I was whispering to God that He’s my healer! I didn’t actually know on what to do. I called my daughter who was just on the next room and summoned her to come over and attend to her brother while I was looking for some kind of a medicine from my medicine kit to temporarily relieve him from any ill feeling at the moment. I continued praying in the spirit. I kept on thanking God.

I found a metronidazole tablet and have him took one. But it didn’t do him any good. He kept on vomiting. It was 11:20 that I decided to have him hospitalized. I rushed and prepared things to be brought and called and asked favor from a friend who immediately arrived. I was a little bit pacified as we were rushed to the hospital. . . and was only relieved when My son had been attached with a dextrose. 

In every suddenly in life . . . the Lord God will always test us. Though He allowed sudden circumstances along our way, yet, He also provides sudden favor to pacify us in our anxiety, worries, and even struggles. We just can’t fathom God’s greatness and Mercy. He has His own ways in testing our faith. And I’m so grateful for what God had done! 
My son has slowly recovered right now after last night’s pain. He has to finish two more dextrose to restitute the water lost. He has gradually regained his strength . Yes, it was suddenly, and God showed me His Favor! To God be the glory!

(Romans 10:13).
So I know You won't cast me out, but You take me in,
And I thank you for it. You said in your Word,
"whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.''

No comments:

Post a Comment