Monday, December 6, 2010

Above All . . .


“Above all powers, above all kings, above all nature and all created things. Above all wisdom,  and all the ways of man” . . . as the lyrics of the first part of the song “Above All”  go,  sang by Michael Smith, I can’t help myself but marvel on  how awesome a God we are serving. Whenever I hear this song, I felt  spectacularly melted down before the presence of God.  He is a God saying, “Fear not for I am with you in all your ways, in all your needs, and in everything you are, I am here for you.”


The way we see ourselves often determines what we become. Our self-image often develops from what other important people say about us. We listen to what they tell us, and then begin to act upon it. If we believe that we are a failure, then we act like a failure. If someone calls us a dunce and we believe that, we act like a dunce. Let us see ourselves then, the way God sees us . . . Victorious!

God’s love for us is perfect, just marvelously perfect! We are God’s greatest miracle. Haven’t we realized that?  Psalm 139: 13-14 tells, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” I love what William Shakespeare said, “Knit your hearts with an unslipping knot.” Yes, We can only be knitted with an unslipping knot with God Himself alone.

“Above all kingdoms, above all thrones, above all wonders the world has ever known. Above all wealth, and treasures of the earth, there's no way to measure what You're worth” . . . the lyrics of the second part of the song “Above All” go. The message in Rev. 1:8 echoes all along the way saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end," says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come--the Almighty One." 


We can never boast on who we are, what we have and even how smart we are with the kind of knowledge the world gave us. Before God, those are all filthy things and are just vanity. What we gained of Christ from the truth of His words are the ones greater treasures. And to be with God and under Christ’s shadow are the real thing in our lives.


 Fear God above all things. Let us all learn from Him . . . with Him everything else is directed towards victory and life everlasting. We might be encountering dilemmas, struggles, pains and messes. These are just God’s ways to make us worthy in His Kingdom. With God, nothing is impossible, and with God we have comfort and delight. His Favor and Grace lift us up daily as we face everything with great fear and humility before God.

Proverbs 3:5-6
5Trust in the Lord with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. You have lift my spirit and help me see God a midst all my problems. May God bless you more! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete