Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Life Matters To The Lord!



The last few days were all exhausting.  What added more burden to the situation was the pouring out of heavy rain. My laundry is fast becoming a stress. It has grown like a mountain already . . . and it’s daily, one on top after another.  I was doing the laundry for two successive Saturdays now,  all  because my launderer  has to accompany my son to school every Saturday.  It has been a month now that they have Saturday classes. This was because they are reviewing for the NAT (National Achievement Test) exam which is scheduled on March 1, 2011


Struggling man
          My friend told me just last week that she had been into a very stressful days meeting both ends for her kids’ expenses in school and their daily subsistence. She was releasing some financial burdens and emotional upheavals the last few days. I was just listening while she was airing out more and more of her hidden feelings. It would seem very easy to listen and absorb what she was telling me. Somehow, putting myself on her own situation would be a lot difficult. 

(From left) AJ (my son), BJ (my girl)  & I
I was looking at both sides of her life and in a little while I was mesmerizing with her situation as I thought about my kids who’re with me and my husband who had been away from us for almost a year now. My husband had been working in Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia since 2001. We only see each other once every year. That is when he’ll get home for a month’s vacation. Soon, he’ll be home again by June, 2011. 

My friend has no other means except her little business . . . selling assorted items outside of a school and her son who’s working at a Tuna Canning Company just a ride’s distance from their home. One can see her as really very tired. It was shown on her face. Her day starts very early . . . she goes to the market at 4:00 in the morning and went home at 6:00 in the evening. 
We have many hurdles in  life

I was pained knowing that this friend of mine had been through a lot in life without somebody backing her up. Her husband has no permanent work. There are times that he helps my friend in her little business. But oftentimes, he’s just home or at times with his friends just along the neighborhood. 

I remember one time she thought of working abroad as an OFW. By then she might be able to sustain the needs of the family. She has the desire of really sending her kids to school until such time they would be able to finish their chosen field of endeavor. She didn’t wish for her kids to experience what she had been through in life. She wasn’t able to finish school because her parents were incapable of sending her to college. 

I breathed deeper and started sharing her some thoughts that would pacify what she felt at the moment. I read a portion of Jeremiah 29:11-13 which tells us: 11“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
With God everything is possible
 I was explaining to her that God is very particular with her life and her family. And that God is so much concern about her situation. I was giving her the whole scenario of what God’s grace is all about. In fact, our life was made possible everyday because of “God’s unmerited favor” – His Grace. 

Our life here on earth is but a passing through. In the book of Psalm 90:10, The days of our years are three score years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labor and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.” The Lord has ordained a perfect time for everything in our life. It has to be wisely spent. Apostle Paul Stressed out in Ephesians 5:15-16"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil."


This keen expression--"redeeming the time" occurs also in Colossians 4:5. "Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time." The Greek word for "redeem" means to "buy back," to "ransom," or even to "rescue." That is, time is a very valuable asset, in danger of being lost forever unless it is rescued, or redeemed…That’s why whenever possible, we should share the light to this world. Let us redeem the time by telling people around us about the goodness of God. 

 We need to bear in our hearts that the key to unlock the door to our FAITH is by affirming the word of God. And we can only have that kind of faith by hearing and hearing the word of God . . . Romans 10:17. Gradually, we are changed from glory to glory in Christ Jesus! This is so amazing!
facebookfacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment